Wednesday, August 31, 2005

City Chicken & the Savage Chicken-Inspiration & a Giggle Respectively

If by this time in the blog you might be thinking, "Hey, I'd like to do this too! I'd like some chickens, but where do I start?", I'd like to turn you on to the site that got me started, Katy Skinner's magnum opus The City Chicken

Katy's site takes you through the basics, FAQ, how to house the chickens, legal issues (not everyone can legally keep chickens in the city), how to care for chicks, as well as her totally cool pictorial history of her various flocks and their domiciles. Her helpful links include some of the best online resources available for the home poultry enthusiast. Katy's site literally convinced me that we could raise chickens successfully in the city. When I had questions, her encouraging response was great too!

After you visit Katy's site, you might want to cruise on by Savage Chickens for a giggle. All cartoons are done on post-it notes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say I love your blog! The pictures are great too.

Now, that I've flattered you, I am hoping you may be able to help me. I can't find an email address for you, hence this comment.

I am a London-based journalist researching an article on bird blogs, specifically for people who keep birds, and would like to feature your blog, if possible.

If you're interested, would you mind dropping me an email - Kim_Forrester AT ipcmedia DOT com

Many thanks!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout-outs, Leann. You are too kind.

-Katy Skinner